Thursday, May 3, 2007

Speedo, part 2

Speedo Update

I tried on my new suit for my wife last night. I asked her what she thought. She said it didn’t look that bad. (For those of you who don’t understand “woman speak”…when a woman says something doesn’t look “that bad” they mean that it looks horrible but since they aren’t stupid enough to wear something like that it doesn’t look “that bad” to them.)

I was so filled with the confidence that I didn’t look “that bad” that I wore my old suit for my swim today.
____________________________

My swim

I have no organized training schedule. This is what I came up with today.

100 kick – This was just an easy warm up.
250 easy swim – All of this was front stroke. This is a minor accomplishment for me.
450 hard/easy return – I would swim 25 hard, slightly less than maximum effort and do an easy backstroke on my return length. I gotta tell you that I thought this was really fun.
200 kick – Just a cool down really.

For some strange reason I find it easier to find a breathing rhythm when I’m trying to swim faster. I have no idea why this is.

3 comments:

Tea said...

Between the pull-ups story and now the speedo, this is got to be one of the funniest Tri experiences around.

Wrenched Photography said...

Just say no to Speedos. Jammers are your friends.

Duane said...

Just cvame across your blog from Tea's. What will be your first tri?