Wednesday, May 9, 2007

No swim today

I was awakened by the low rumble of thunder in the distance. I rolled over and peeked at my alarm clock. It read 4:30 am. I reset my alarm so that I could sleep until 5:40. My pool closes every time there is a thunderstorm. I guess it's a safety precaution.

I wasn't sure if I would be able to fall back to sleep. I did. But, just like every other day for the past month, within an of hour of waking I feel completely wiped out and exhausted. My wife wants me to go to the doctor. I think it's just the culmination of a tough school year.

So, no swim today.

4 comments:

Tea said...

You know your body best. Stress can definitely take its toll. I hope you are able to take some downtime this summer, even if it is just a week or so. It'll do you a lot of good.

Wrenched Photography said...

rest if fine. scheduals are ment to be changes and broken

Tea said...

btw-out here the PhD is worth a lot more $ than another MA, but it's a completely different level of committment.
As you know, you can pretty much sail through a masters degree.

Anonymous said...

Only a few more weeks till June. You can make it.
M