Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Flipper Addiction

It’s easier to breathe while doing the underswitch drill.

It’s kind of a fun drill to do.

Relaxing.

Rolling from side to side.

Reaching forward and letting my arm drift back to my side.

Taking a breath.

I took off my flippers to see how it would go without swim fins.

Not so good.

I suspect that I have become addicted to the swim fins because I do not move forward with out them. Even though I thought I had found balance I sink like a fricken rock while not wearing them. So I put the fins back one.

Do you think I can wear them during the triathlon?

Nobody is likely to notice the fat guy with big yellow flippers lurching toward the water at the beginning of the race. Are they? I mean, the way I swim, they will hardly be an advantage.

5 comments:

Wrenched Photography said...

pssst....wanna buy and underwater hydro rocket?

Sounds like someone's having fun.

Anonymous said...

I've seen you. You're not THAT fat.
M

todd said...

M - So...you're admitting to my fatness then?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. Been there. Don't sweat it. The flipper addiction, I mean. I loved that rolling drill, too. It was a revelation.

Tea said...

I'm not sure if I read this blog for inspiration or a good laugh or both.

Either way, I'M addicted.