Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mango Peach Wheat

Today I did a 100 kick warm up and a 150 kick cool down. In between I swam a full 750 yards nonstop for the first time ever. I did my usual front stroke for a length and elementary backstroke for a length. I think I could swim like that forever. I think I will continue to use this method as a way to “rest” until I’m completely comfortable swimming with my face in the water the entire time.

I think I felt so much better about my swim today because I reminded myself that I have only been swimming for six weeks. Since I have 10 more weeks (72 days) until my first tri I shouldn’t be all that worked up over it yet. Right?

It’s an absolutely beautiful day. I can here a robin sing outside my window as I type this. I’m really hoping to go for a short bike ride this afternoon. I’ve got my fingers crossed.
____________________

I get to bottle my latest batch of homebrew later on too. It’s a mango-peach wheat. I’m hoping that it will be perfect for taking the edge off of those lazy summer afternoons that I’m so desperately longing for right now.
___________________

My seven year old daughter is in her first season of softball. She has a ton of athletic ability but she lacks confidence. You know? I watch her run and play and she just has an effortless stride. She picks up things very quickly too. Anyway…she came home from practice last night just beaming with pride because she was picked as the MVP of practice.

How cool is that?!

It’s so much fun watching her turn into an athlete. Hopefully this gives her that little boost of confidence that she needs.

3 comments:

Tea said...

I can't believe how far you have come, and you're not even halfway to your tri!

WOWZA!

Beer: no response. but not because I don't care. I don't drink.

Softball: Watching kids play is SO much fun, especially when they're your own and they have ability.

I am the Big Bad Wolf said...

MVP of practice... How cool is THAT!

Todd, I nominate you the MVP of swim practice today. Good going!

todd said...

tea - The ironic thing about me brewing my own beer is that I give most of it away and the entire 5 gallon batch will last me about 6 months. I'm not much of a drinker either. It's more fun to make it and see people's reactions to what I crafted.

natalie - Thank you very much. That means a great deal to me.