Monday, May 7, 2007

50 Bucks

I handed the check I had just written to renew my pool membership to the guy at the desk. As he looked at it a slightly quizzical expression flashed across his face. He handed the check back to me.

"You wrote this for $180," he said.

"Yeah," I replied ready to argue that I had the proper amount. I was confident that's what the membership schedule had read.

"You only need to pay $50 to renew," he informed me.

"Oh! Can I bring a new check tomorrow?" I asked.

"Sure. Have a good swim," he said.

Fifty dollars for an entire year is a steal. That's only four bucks and change per month. It's only ninety six cents per week. That works out to fewer than twenty cents per swim this week. Wow. It's my lucky day.

4 comments:

Tea said...

$50!?!?! For the year! That's incredible!

(And thanks SO much for mowing the lawn. The were predicting tornadoes here, but thanks to your quick actions, we came out with only a little hail).

Anonymous said...

What a deal! I just think it's funny that you have to bring another check tomorrow. You must be like my husband--you have to go home and ask the keeper of the funds for another check.

M

todd said...

I guess you can blame that hail on my socks.

I am the Big Bad Wolf said...

How'd you make that mistake? $50/ $180 hmmm... sounds kinda the same.

I would have had to go home and write a new check too. I do them all on the computer. Otherwise, I don't keep track.