Monday, May 7, 2007

100 yards

After two days away from the pool I arrived this morning with the intention of testing myself. I wanted to see how far I could swim without stopping. Now, when I say swim, I mean front stroke. I wanted to know how long I could do the front stroke. I was secretly hoping to do about 500 yards.

I consider my test to be a complete and utter failure. I only completed 100 yards.

Two stinkin’ laps!!!!

BUT…I then swam 650 yards nonstop by doing the front stroke for a length and an elementary backstroke for a length. Nonstop. What’s the difference? It’s gotta be mental. It has to be.

Progress. I know. I’ve made tons of progress since the last week of March, I want more progress faster.

Patience. I know. I have a lot of time until July 21. The latent perfectionist in me tends to come out of hiding when I’m not happy with my progress.

I know. I know. I know.
_______________________________


You have me to thank for the world not coming to an end yesterday. I mowed the lawn. Without my wife’s friendly encouragement I might not have accomplished that and something catastrophic would have happened. So, I guess, you really have my wife to thank. Though, as I write this, I just realized I may not have picked my socks off of the floor so…I’d watch out for a super volcanic eruption or a cataclysmic asteroid or something.

No comments: