Friday, May 4, 2007

Finally Friday

I meet some friends from work for breakfast every Friday morning. That means that today’s workout was light and brief. I chose to only do the kickboard thingy for about 25 minutes. And that is all I have to say about that.
______________________

Clarification

The new suit I bought is a Speedo brand jammer. It’s still not pretty. I imagine that the women will hide their eyes, the men will form a Committee for Decency, and management will revoke my membership the first time I wear that thing to the pool.
_______________________

Little Miss Runner Pants makes a very good point about celebrating our accomplishments and bragging about our selves a little bit. So, in the spirit of celebrating accomplishment, here’s a brief list of things that I have accomplished:

-I ran my first marathon last October.
-I can swim more than a length of the pool without gasping for breath.
-I have a Master’s degree in Education
-I won a Young Authors and Illustrators contest in 3rd grade.
-I taught myself to play the guitar.
-I make really good fried chicken.
-I brew my own beer.
-I was told recently that the writing assignment my students completed illustrated a “profound level of engagement”.
-I have taught a group of five and six year old children how to field ground balls.
-The last year I coached varsity football my team won a share of the conference championship. (I was the offensive and defensive line coach.)

Of which accomplishments are you most proud?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd, just saying hello. It sounds like the swimming is coming along really well! I think you'll be ready for the triathlon and will finish within the alloted time.
I opened your blog at work today and the song came on. Very much like the song! Fortunately, no one else was around the lab when it came on, or I'd have gotten some funny looks.
When do you get to start running again? It's got to be soon.

a.maria said...

NO WAY! i want to learn the guitar. thats on my life list, for sure.

well done you. YAY bragging. love it.

I am the Big Bad Wolf said...

I proud that you have the nerve to squeeze yourself into a Speedo.