Monday, July 9, 2007

Talk me out of this...

I did something similar to this shortly before the Chicago Marathon. I started planning future marathons before I had even run my first. Still...I can't help but think that with a year of training under my belt I can accomplish an olympic and a half ironman next summer. Why not? I won't know unless I try.

My kids say go for it. My wife asks when am I going to spend time with the family. She has reasonable concerns. I also want to continue my education. I want to run more marathons. But, I have an itch. It's a tiny itch and it goes away after I ride my bike for 20 miles or so or I do a brick workout. The itch comes back though. The itch keeps coming back.

3 comments:

FunFitandHappy said...

My first full tri season was a few sprints and an olympic at the end. I kicked off year two with a 1/2 IM.

I had build up a good base from training for a marathon prior to doing the races. It seems to be a pretty good progression.

Have you considered doing a full IM?

todd said...

Baby steps...

Anonymous said...

How can I get some of that itch?
M