Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Next

I finally found some trails!

Last night I rode my bike a mile to the trail head, parked it, and set off on a two mile run through a former farmers field. A wooden bridge over a rocky stream, gold finches playing tag, early crickets singing their encouragement, and marvelously unpaved ground were the highlights of a nice and easy 24 minute run. I rode my bike home feeling refreshed and very pleased to have this little haven so close to my house.

This morning the alarm went off to send me to the pool. I turned it off. I rolled over and went back to sleep. And so goes my training for triathlon number two!

5 comments:

The Original MAJ said...

I'm thinking my training is going to be following the same pattern this week!

Never did thank you for the comments a few entries back . . . much appreciated.

Rest . . . you deserve it!

Tea said...

I love those little secrets you find. When I find them, I always think about all the people that will never ever get to see things that I have.

It reminds me of Bridge to Terabithia.

I am the Big Bad Wolf said...

Aha! I told you there is ALWAYS a trail somewhere. This one is only a mile from your house. You could run there, run the trail, then run back. 4 miles in the bank.

Anonymous said...

Maybe writing runs in the family? You know, big brother, that I'm not much of a running fan, but I still enjoyed reading your blog.
I really never knew you had so much sisu. I thought the only way to show it was to get it tattooed on my back!

TriTurtL said...

Hey Todd, I actually grew up in southeast Michigan. While I love the mountain state, I can't deny that Michigan can be absolutely beautiful in the summer. Glad you found someplace peaceful to run/ride.

I'm also glad to find your blog because my mom and dad can't say that I turned nutty when I left the state. Sounds like triathlon is just as big there!