Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday

Today I swam 1000 yards. I did 500 front stroke, 300 breast, and 200 kick. The front and breast stroke I did in sets of 50 with a 15-20 seconds of rest in between. Everything was nice and easy and relaxed.

This weekend I read my blog from the beginning. My first swim was laughably difficult. I can't believe how much I have progressed since April. I mentioned this to one of the lifeguards this morning and he daid the at he and Dana, the other lifeguard, were talking about the same thing after my swim last week. How cool! Somebody noticed.

I've read the race reports of both Jim and Kateri and think they did such and absolutely awesome job on their first triathlons that I'm going to be embarrased to even post my times. They did so well and think that there times are slow?! I think I'll just write a short missive to let you know whether I finished or not.

3 comments:

TriTurtL said...

Yeah, I've been doing this for a couple years, and my times are still not worth uttering publicly, but I know I've come a long way from where I started. When I look at where I started and where I'm at now, it definitely makes me smile. 95% of us aren't out there to win. I think we're doing it to see what we're made of.

You learned this in your marathon training right? Putting your feet on the start line can be the hardest part. You're gonna do this! And you're gonna kick butt!

The Stretch Doc said...

Looks like a good race venue.. just stay relaxed as possible and have fun! You'll do great.

thanks for the hop over from Tea's.. Can't wait for race recap.

rockon`

Allez said...

I'll be checking in for your race report! Have fun with it!