Saturday, July 14, 2007

Senseless rambling

I have one week until my tri. This time next week I'll probably be done. I'll be tired. Hopefully I'll be excited about what I accomplished and looking forward to another race.

I'm still worried.

I'm not the best swimmer. I'll be using a combination of strokes to get through the 1/2 mile. I don't want to get kicked in the face.

On the bike I'm worried that I haven't put in enough time. I'm afraid I'll get a flat and freak out and not be able to change it. I'm nearly positive that everyone else will be able to tell that I'm riding a free 15 year old 12 speed and think that I'm not serious about doing my best.

As far as running goes...I'm probably seriously under trained. I know that I'm coming off this stress fracture and I have done the best I can to get my running legs back. Still, it's a concern for me.

I'm really not crazy about other people seeing me in my tri shorts with my shirt off.

Here's what I know. I was tough enough to run a marathon. I gutted that out. I can gut this out too. I'm not a quitter. I never have been. I never will be. I would rather crawl across the finish than be pulled off the course.

I feel like this tri is becoming bigger than it really is. It's not an IM. It's not even a half. It's a long sprint. But, it's my first. So, I guess I'm afraid of what I don't know.

Well, there's only one way to conquer that fear. I'll just jump in with both feet and figure it out.

Does any of this even make sense?

1 comment:

Tea said...

AYUP! Makes perfect sense.

sometimes tapering is bad...too much thinking time.

:)