Tuesday, June 19, 2007

AAARGH!



The new sink is in. And, of course, there is a leak that I can neither stop nor identify the source. Perfect.

Go ahead, ask the obvious questions.

Did I tighten the water lines? Yes.

Did I use plumbers putty? Yes.

Did I tighten the heck out of everything? Yes.

The leak is the most infuriating type. While the sink is holding water there is no leak. While water is running down the drain there is no leak. The only drip, drip, drip that occurs is when the bowl is empty. Then the insidious leak reappears.

My next plan of action is to let the stupid thing dry overnight and silicone the heck out of where I suspect the leak is coming from. If that doesn't work I cannot be held accountable for what I might say to the plumber when he shows up and fixes the damn thing in five minutes for $150.

2 comments:

Wrenched Photography said...

Use some teflon tape where the pipe and the basin connect. Do the same with the spout and handles.

todd said...

I knew that. I'm so stupid. Thanks Wrench.