Friday, July 11, 2008

Pretending to Wrench

I "wrenched" the family bikes today. Nothing big. I fixed flats, cleaned chains, lubed stuff. My son thought it was cool. I'm not the best when it comes to "fixing" stuff. I also took a short spin on my hybrid. My four year old was on the back so I didn't even leave the neighborhood. She had a blast anyway. As for me, it felt really good just to be moving and it didn't bother my leg in the least.
_______________________

I heard my son sneak out of his room this morning. Noises in the kitchen had me suspecting that he was fixing his own breakfast cereal. It wasn't long before he came into the bedroom with a tray full of food and a big smile on his face. He had decided to make my wife and me breakfast in bed. What did he bring us? Two bowls of Rice Krispies, two slices of apple pie, and two ice cold bottles of beer.

BEER?

Yes, beer.

I don't think I have ever had beer for breakfast.

He was so proud of himself. I'm not sure but I suspect the breakfast was his way of saying, "Thanks" for taking him and his sisters to a minor league baseball game the night before.

BTW - I ate everything but I put the beer back in the fridge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen a t-shirt that says,
"Beer, more than just a breakfast drink."

Tea said...

That's funny.

Sounds like the leg is doing well. Making progress. If I remember correctly, you have your appt this coming week.

Tea said...

btw-I think you might want to check the email address that you have set up to blogger.