Tuesday, July 15, 2008

At the park

Today exercise was play. I took my youngest two critters (children) to a local park. We tossed our bikes in the back of the van with the idea that we would ride part of the Kent Trail. I threw some juice and water in a cooler along with our helmets in the back just beneath the tires of the bikes. We could not have had a better time. My son loved the hills. It was fun to watch him work to climb them and listen to him whoop with delight as he zoomed down them. My four year old giggled over every bump in the trail as she rode along behind me. The kids wanted to take a play break so I sipped a water and read my book while they took turns climbing, jumping, and sliding on the play equipment at the park. After a while they coaxed my book out of hands and I pushed them on the swings. We hopped on our bikes again for about 15 minutes before calling it an afternoon. My son wants to go back again tomorrow...
_____________________

My two oldest girls are at Girl Scout Camp until Friday and I miss them.

They'll probably fight with each other all the way home.

They're sisters. That's what they do.

No comments: