Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The big news of the day is that I get to visit an orthopedic surgeon next week. Who said summer isn't fun?
_______________________

I was watching triathlon and swimming videos on YouTube last night. I'd like to turn myself into that kind of athlete. (Actually, the uninjured kind of athlete would suit me just fine too...)
_______________________

This is an opportunity. Yes it is. It's not the opportunity I asked for but it is the opportunity I have been given.Now, how do I make the most of it?
_______________________

My growing birthday wish list:
- new bike
- pool membership
- health club membership
- new bike helmet
- SISU coffee mug

I'm selfish. I know. Very materialistic. I just like getting stuff.
______________________

I just finished reading American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. Very disturbing. I know it's a social commentary on the materialism of the 1980's. I get that. It was a horribly violent, bloody, and sadistic read. I cannot recommend this book with confidence that you won't think I'm a sicko for suggesting that you read it...so don't.

5 comments:

Tea said...

I read that book when it came out. Did you know they made a movie of it?

And yes, it is an opportunity. That's how I got into the sport, and I never regretted it.

Steve Stenzel said...

Who doesn't like getting stuff?!? Good luck with your list!! (and your orthopedic surgeon visit...)

Anonymous said...

Where do I sign up for the bike fund?

Good luck with the surgeon. Hope he makes non-surgical suggestions.

Anonymous said...

BTW--I realize that women can be surgeons. I used the masculine pronoun generically.

The Original MAJ said...

I love stuff.