Friday, April 27, 2007

Pull-ups or Cycling shorts?

Is this OK? Can I post more than once in a single day? I can? Are you sure? Well, if you say so. I don't want to look over eager...

This evening I bought my very first pair of cycling shorts and cycling gloves. Much like an excited little boy freshly arrived from the mall with goodies purchased using birthday money I scampered up to my bedroom to try on my new shorts. Then I paraded around the house in them.

My three year old daughter is very good at providing me with doses of reality. She looked at my new cycling shorts and immediately asked me why I'm wearing pull-ups. She knows all about pull-ups. Pull-ups, for the uninitiated, are those wonderfully absorbent pseudo-underpants that potty training children wear. As a relatively recent wearer of pull-ups it's safe to call her an expert on pull-ups. So when she asked her innocent question my wife and oldest daughter immediately burst into laughter. That quickly ended my masculine parade.

I'll show them. I'm gonna wear them to bed.

Hey. Anybody know anything about bike helmets?

5 comments:

I am the Big Bad Wolf said...

Todd, thanks for visiting my blog! Have you bought the tight-fitting,zip-front cycling jersey yet? Make sure you pick the loudest one at the store. Sexy!

todd said...

Baby steps Natalie, baby steps.

Anonymous said...

Love the pullups thing...sounds like your adjusting to to solo blogging.

Tea said...

The pullups story was HILARIOUS!

btw-post as often as you like. And I'm not just saying that because I enjoy reading the posts. As I say in my own blog: My blog my rules, so keep posting.

Tea said...

Music! Very cool. Thanks for posting it.