Wednesday, April 25, 2007

11 Things

1. I’m the oldest of five children. My youngest sibling is 16 years younger than me.
2. During my senior football season I scored three touchdowns on interception returns…in the same game.
3. I’ve never really cared for my first name.
4. My favorite flavor of ice cream is “Chubby Hubby” by Ben & Jerry.
5. I’m a very shy person.
6. I spent most of 5th grade with tape on my glasses because I kept breaking them.
7. I played “King Not So Charming Anymore” in the 6th grade spring musical. It was the lead role.
8. I always root for the underdog.
9. Menial and repetitive tasks bore me very quickly.
10. If I could get paid to read books and write/talk about them I would.
11. I get accused of not smiling very often.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My swim today was pretty OK. I swam 650 yards and did 350 with fins and a kickboard. It was uneventful. There's really not too much to say about my swim today. The line is still at the bottom of the pool.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I mowed my lawn yesterday. This is a big deal BECAUSE...I felt no pain in my leg. NONE. ZERO. ZIP. ZILCH. I haven't had even the slightest twinge this morning either. I'm taking that as a huge sign that my leg is just about ready to hit the road again. And, since I always wait for medical clearance and follow doctor's orders, I'll wait with anticipation to get the green light after my next bone scan.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote
"What we have is based upon moment to moment choices of what we do. In each of those moments, we choose. We either take risk and move toward what we want, or we play it safe and choose comfort. Most of the people, most of the time, choose comfort. In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not."- Anonymous

7 comments:

Tea said...

duuuuudee, you totally got get hooked up with music. ;)

todd said...

I've been at this for (checking my watch) 30 seconds and you're already giving me grief? Fine. But, you gotta show where/how I can do that.

sarajane said...

miss you already...keep swimmin'!

Anonymous said...

The v-team boards are already less funny without you around, Todd....and pretty soon your blog is going to be full of "Hello...you okay man?"
You are still coming to Bayshore, right? I want to try your mango beer!

Yay for no leg pain! You'll be back to running pretty soon!

Anonymous said...

As always I look forward to watching you evolve into your inner athlete.

Tea said...

go to www.imeem.com for the music.
It's not exactly intuitive, but you'll be able to figure it out.

You find songs, add them to your playlist, copy the code, and paste it into any section you want. I have it on my space if you want to see how it looks.

a.maria said...

THAT is one of my all time favorite quotes. my other? you've got in your side bar.

loving. it.