Saturday, August 18, 2007

Confessions

Thanks Marsha. You flatter me.
_______________________________

I’ve been running. I like how it’s going. Each run is a little bit different. Noticeably different. That’s good. I like how sometimes I’m faster and sometimes I just cruise and can’t stop watching the clouds. Sometimes I get lost in the music I listen to while I run.

Then there’s my bike.

I haven’t gone for a real ride since my tri back in July. I don’t feel inspired to either. The bike just sits there, rusting. The tires need air.

The book looks at me and then turns it’s shoulder to me as if to say, “Not today. I’m tired.”

Maybe it’s me though.

I haven’t gone for a swim since my tri. I am least proud of my swim during that triathlon than anything I’ve ever done athletically. If I go back to that pool the regulars are gonna want to know how I did.

They’ll think I’m just being humble.

I need to cross train. Running three days a week is NOT getting it done for me. I feel my body wanting to do more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about rowing? Have you ever tried that?
M