Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Running slowly...

is difficult.

I have been struggling to hit my easy day paces. I get warmed up and I want to GO. Ya know?

Today: 3.07 miles in 36:23

Mile 1 - 11:51
Mile 2 - 11:59
Mile 3 - 11:41

My 6 mile LSD on Saturday was run at a pace of 10:40. BOTH todays run and Saturdays run were faster than McMillan suggests. Oh well. I'm gonna stick with trying to hit the suggested paces and hopefully get to the race happier and healthier than if I try to push too hard too soon and end up calling myself "Mr. Injury" again. I'm not sure, but I think there will be marathons next year too. I can step it up next time. Before you start chastising me for not meeting my potential, I'm still likely to PR at these current paces. OK?
_________________

Wife has not been running. She has brand new running shoes, unopened, sitting under the bed. I'm gonna guess that she will run before summer ends and she'll be joining me on the course at Bayshore next spring.

-----
Total miles toward Chicago - 15

1 comment:

The Original MAJ said...

I'd like for 11 min/mi to be "very slow" for me. :-D That's my "comfortable but fast" pace post-bike at a mid-distance tri.

Hope your toe is feeling better. LOL!