Saturday, June 21, 2008

Another one in the books

I put in 7 miles at LSD pace this evening. I never run at night. It was...odd. It was also much more difficult than I had expected. And now I am sore on the left (shin), on the right (knee), and right down the middle (groin). I have no idea what's going on.

I thought about what I would write as I ran (the simple beauty of a farmers field laying fallow for the season, purple tinged clouds racing me to my doorway, maples dancing in the breeze as stoic evergreens stood at attention, the utter size of the sky) but I can't seem to remember any pearls of wisdom that I might have gleaned from this late night run. Maybe next time.

Miles toward Chicago - 25.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed running at night.

(Me, correct your grammar?)

Tea said...

I just got home last night. How's your leg...er....groin...er...shin...feeling?

I love night running. Sometimes I write these great posts in my head. by the time I get home, they're gone. :)

btw--you planning on doing anymore tri's?

Sara Jane said...

Feel better, Mr. O!

The Original MAJ said...

WHERE ARE YOU!!!???

Hope you're feeling a little more run-ish.

yeah, I just made that up.

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Just found your blog and wanted to wish you the best getting ready for Chicago Marathon.

Hope you continue to build on your half marathon PR success.

I'm also training for Chicago and excited about it.

Keep up the great running and blogging!